Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hamburgers--How do they get them so even at the store?

I used love to buy my pre-made hamburgers from Whole Foods until the butcher told me the secret to making even round hamburgers.

You will need a baking sheet with a lip, a rolling pin that is long enough from end to end to touch the baking sheet from end to end, your hamburger meat, and a round cylinder.

For my cylinder I used the plastic part from my Pampered Chef Chopper (see picture below) You really want the cylinder to not have a top or bottom.




Step One: Start by placing the hamburger meat on a try and mushing it together with your fingers.
Step Two: Then use the roller to make a square that is the same height. You may need to keep pushing the edges in.
Step Three: Use the cylinder to "cut" out the circles.

Once your circles are cut out use your hands to mush the meat back together into a square and repeat step two and three until all your meat is gone.


Step 1

Step 2




Step 3

No comments:

Post a Comment